Here are the famous 24 ways to distinguish good Jerry’s Nugget from bad ones.
Note : on these photos we can distinguish two types of fakes. The ones i call Indonesian ones (because my magic shop told me they were coming from this country) which are probably the “reprints” we can find on ebay. Not so bad cards but absolutely not similar to the real ones. And the other type are called the chinese fakes which are almost perfect fakes with very bad paper. They were probably only produced to be sold as real sealed decks, not to be played with. They even look older than real ones !
Note 2 : There is now a third version of fakes. These fakes have a very long flap, a real stamp but the box is bigger than real ones, cards are not good and Fonts are not the good ones on the stamp and the box.
Note 3 : march 2016 – I have started adding information about green Jerry’s Nugget and Chicken Nugget which are not really fakes but only tribute to Jerry’s Nugget.
Note 4 : march 2016 – It seems there is 52 decks of Yellow Jerry’s Nugget printed on Bicycle recently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDEFb5lXrk
Note 5 : july 2016 – 23th tip added. And Duy Quang Vu discovered a Magic Shop selling tribute decks for Jerry’s Nugget in new colors. I will add them in the list as soon as I get new information. See the link here
Note 6 : august 2016 – 24th tip added thanks to Mads Schatz-Jakobsen
On this page we will sum up the features of each version of fakes :
* Fake 1 : Chinese decks which mimic almost all features with very bad cards : only created to fool people.
* Fake 2 : Indonesian decks (or chinese maybe) sold in most magic shops. Far from the real ones with standard to low cards
* Fake 3 : New version of fakes easy to find on ebay or magic shops. Far from the real ones with standard to low cards
* Fake 4 : Black version of Jerry’s Nugget. They did not exist in 1970. They are always fakes.
* Green JN : Green version Jerry’s Nugget created by AFPCC. They are not really fakes but more a piece of art and tribute. Only 35 decks available
* Chicken : Parody of Jerry’s Nugget created by Hanson Chien and a tribute to Jerry’s Nugget mixed with a McDonalds theme. Available in Blue, Red and Black with trick cards (some of them show Jerry’s Nugget text)
* Yellow : I have no details except a video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDEFb5lXrk Not included
* Kacio : Small print of very special Jerry’s Nugget Tribute. Not included in this survey because they are very different.
Updated on august 11nd 2016 (24th tip)
Of course, you can contact me for further details and questions. Or if you want to sell cards, I’m always looking for new real, fake, or colored Jerry’s Nugget cards !
Of course, you can ask an expert to check photos or even cards.
When an expert touches a deck, he can immediately say if it’s the real stuff or a fake. Real cards cannot be reproduced, they are unique.
With photos, it’s also quite easy for an expert to find if the deck is real or not too.